<![CDATA[Considering a trip to New Orleans for New Years Eve? There are plenty of great options for the whole family; here are a few of our 'best bets'…**For a more thorough vacation experience, contact us and we’ll pull out all the stops in order to make your New Years celebration unforgettable – private transportation around the city all evening, fine dining, VIP fireworks viewing, VIP live entertainment, and anything else you and your guests might be interested in!!**
- Zoo Years Eve at Audubon Zoo – This one starts at 10:30am on December 31st and it’s chock full of events & activities. Music, games, prizes, party hats and a dance party that starts at 12:30pm. You and your kids will love it.
- NYE Kids Countdown at the Louisiana Children’s Museum – Beginning at 9:30am, the Children’s Museum will have a variety of exciting activities as they countdown to NOON with Sesame Street’s the Count.
- Jackson Square/Decatur Street – Head over to Jackson Square and Decatur Street to watch the Fleur de Lys drop at midnight and then watch the fireworks display over the river at midnight on the dot. If you prefer to be toasty & warm yet still a part of the festivities, one of our favorite views to watch the fireworks is in the Westin Hotel. The Westin has amazing floor to ceiling windows and their lobby is overlooking the Mississippi so you’re at eye level with the fireworks as they explode (plus, the noise isn’t quite as deafening).
- Reveillon Dinners – Reveillon meals are an old tradition in New Orleans that is served after midnight mass on Christmas Eve. Many local restaurants have taken that premise and introduced an option they offer throughout the month of December which includes a four course, prix fixe meal of more traditional recipes. Many local restaurants participate now so take a look at the options and choose one. Make your reservation early!!
- Galactic at Tipitina’s – Those who know Galactic know this is always a great show. If you aren’t familiar with Galactic and you’re looking for a great time with some amazing music, this is a show you really shouldn’t miss. Bring your dancing shoes and get ready to boogie down ’til the sun comes up. Pro Tip: Our favorite pre-Tip’s dinner spot is Atchafalaya, right down the road.
- New Years at The Maple Leaf – It’s NEVER a dull moment at the Maple Leaf on Oak Street and Johnny V + team will not disappoint. New Year’s Eve with The Trio featuring Johnny Vidacovich, Big Chief Monk Boudreaux, June Yamagishi, Charlie Wooton + very special guests + champagne, food & a kiss at midnight guaranteed! – Pro Tip: Dinner at Jacques Imo’s beforehand is a must. Either wait in line, or gather a group of 5+ and make a reservation (or call us and we’ll get it arranged for you!).
- Frenchmen Street – If you’re not one to commit, head over to Frenchmen Street and wander around. There’s some great people watching over as well as a wide variety of live entertainment options. If this is the route you’re considering, why not start at Jackson Square and then head over to Frenchmen when you’re ready to do a little dancing? Pro Tip: Our top dining choices are Sylvain in the Quarter, Meauxbar on Rampart, or The Three Muses on Frenchmen.
- DJ Soul Sister at One Eyed Jacks – If you haven’t heard of Soul Sister then you can thank us later for this hot tip. She’s one of the most popular DJ’s in the city – renowned for her rarified funky grooves. This party at OEJ in the French Quarter is sure to be a hit. We consider it a sure thing!
- Preservation Hall – Pres Hall is hosting a humdinger of an event on New Year’s Eve starting at 10pm. VIP tickets are sold out, but general admission is tickets are $135/person. Spend NYE at this American institution and toe tap the night away.
- Big Night New Orleans at the Hyatt Regency – The Hyatt is planning one hell of a New Year’s Eve celebration; here’s a glimpse at what they’ve got planned…
This Spectacular Event Features:
- OPEN BARS-ALL NIGHT
- Food Buffets by Hyatt’s award-winning chef
- MULTIPLE party rooms & dance floors
- TEN incredible bands, DJs, Acts & More!
- Party favors for all
- New Orleans BIGGEST midnight celebration
- Mulitiple ticket options
- Groups of 10 or more (contact us for special group packages)
Date: Thursday, December 31, 2015Time: 9:00 pm – 1:30 amLocation: Hyatt Regency New Orleans]]