their review of our services. This particular client was a favorite of ours because they worked so well with us and it really all came down to trust. Our client was traveling to New Orleans with a group of 12 family members who were coming from Miami, DC, & Columbus, OH. It was a diverse group – some old, some young; men, women – so we had a lot of work to do to give them all an experience that wouldn’t feel like it was overaccommodating to one particular group. We asked for some specifics from the client regarding his entourage and this was the first key to a successful partnership – he provided a rich description of everyone. That gave us a great start to brainstorming local activities that would meet everyone’s needs.
- A passion for microbrews – we met with a microbrewery in town and discussed a private tour.
- A young woman’s love of horses – how about horseback riding on the levee?
- An older member of the group who may have difficulty walking the Quarter – let’s set you up with a pedicab pub crawl.
- Speaking of horses & Thanksgiving – we suggested the Track for Thanksgiving. It’s a local tradition to head there for opening day on Turkey Day. We arranged for a front row table so they could enjoy Thanksgiving like the locals.
- Meals!! We got a sense of how adventurous they were (pretty adventurous!) and ended up giving them a mix of new-school New Orleans restaurants mixed with the standards & a few in between.