With the holidays fast approaching, we are beginning a new series – Celebrate the Holidays in New Orleans, where we will feature different events across the city. If you’re planning to come to New Orleans from out of town, why not let us help you schedule your visit in town to ensure you make the most out of your visit?! ~ clndstnThe winter season is a wonderful time to visit New Orleans. The weather is cold, but by no means frigid – we rarely have snow. And while a white Christmas is certainly a beautiful thing, New Orleans has numerous local offerings for visitors & locals alike that are sure to please kids & adults, too.Celebration in the Oaks – City Park transforms it’s amusement park area, Storyland, into a beautiful lighted wonderland. Beginning November 23rd and lasting through January 1st; it’s really a sight to behold. This is a very popular event so we strongly urge you to get your tickets ahead of time and wear appropriate layers because this entire event is outside. Admission is $7 for adults, kids get in free.Another option is to spend the day touring the different hotels in downtown New Orleans. Put your family in their nicer duds and head down to the Quarter where you can cruise the various hotels, enjoy their decorations, and get yourself in the holiday spirit. It’s also a great spot for holiday card photos.There are 3 in particular that you really shouldn’t miss:
- The Roosevelt Hotel – 123 Baronne St.
- The Hotel Monteleone – 214 Royal St.
- The Ritz Carlton – 921 Canal St.
As a matter of fact, many of the hotels downtown offer Teddy Bear teas. You pay a certain amount of money and reserve a spot for you and your child to come and spend some time at one of the hotels where you enjoy tea and light snacks while meeting a few of the best known holiday characters: Santa & Mrs. Claus, Frosty, and at some of the hotels – their local mascot, like Monte the Lion at the Monteleone. The kids love it. These can be a bit pricey, but it does give you the opportunity to get a picture with Santa.Royal Sonesta: From Dec. 9th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 20th, 21st, 22nd & 23rd.
- Location: Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- Address: 300 Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
- Times: 11:00am-1:00pm & 2:30pm-4:30pm
- Phone: 504-553-2328
- Cost:Premium Seating – Closest to the Stage: Adults: $68.00 Child:$53.00; Regular Seating: Adults: $58.00 Child:$43.00
- Location: Hotel Monteleone New Orleans
- Address: 214 Royal St., New Orleans, LA 70130
- Times: 2 seatings at 10am & 2pm.
- Phone: (504) 681-4452
- Cost:$55 per adult, $40 per child*